Culture Space Africa
BENKADI means "amicable agreement" in a group of people in the language of the Bamanan in Mali. This is the motto of the association BENKADI, its goal the promotion of the cultural life in Africa, its fundament the intercultural dialog.
BENKADI THE association for
African culture and
Dance of the Buwa
The culture of any person is the heritage of its ancestors, the advancement of all cultural technics of the living with the object to pass on to the next generation. This has been approved to be the best practice for the group's living together, for the assurance of survival, for the harmony with nature and the cosmos, for the dialog with the foreign, for the preservation of the own. These are pillars on which identity and self-confidence growing, pillars, which give people roots.
Promoted by Engagement Global
Promoted by the Ministry of economic cooperation and development
| Religious songs and songs of praise for the Prophet comprise an important part of Mauritanian musical practise. In the modern traditions of Haratin musicians in Nouakchott and Chinguetti the tidinit lute and the neyfara flute will be heard in addition to the widely spread kettle drums. Contemporary bands round off this selection with their own unique repertoire.
the Fonds TURN of
POLYVERSAL SOULS IN GHANA
A GERMAN-GHANAIAN MUSIC-PROJECT PROMOTED BY THE FOUNDATION OF CULTURE OF THE GERMAN FEDERATION
The new composition "Ashanti Suite" is the first result of the cooperation Project between 12 musicians living in Germany and abroad and 10 musicians from Ghana. It was initiated and developed in Ghana by Maximilian Weissenfeldt, drummer, composer and musical director.
First phase: Ghana November 2014
In the first phase, the musicians from Germany travelled to Ghana for three weeks and met the Ghanaian musicians.
The following steps have been realized in Ghana:
- 10 concerts - The orchestra travelled around the coastal, rainforest- and Savannah-region and meet local musicians with their diverse cultures, location by location.
- Production of an album - The music has been recorded for three days in a studio with the goal of being released for the international market.
- Production of a film - In cooperation with the film production "ROHFILM" a documentary will accompany the Polyversal Souls in Ghana.
Second phase: Germany summer 2017
In the second phase, five Ghanaian musicians will travel to Germany for two weeks.
The following steps will be realized in Germany:
- 7 concerts - One of the concerts will be broadcasted live by the DEUTSCHLANDRADIO KULTUR
- Presentation of the album & the documentary to the media - A big number of German print and broadcasting media are planning on editing reports and programs about the Ashanti Suite and the Polyversal Souls in Ghana (SZ, FAZ, Die Zeit, taz, BR, arte).